Tuesday 6 August 2013

Needle-felt Trolls

It came to my attention that a local library was looking for a Library Troll. Cyril is very interested in this position and has written the following letter of application.

I hope that you will agree to me becoming your resident library troll. Up until recently I held the position of Bragg Creek bridge troll, but with the recent floods, I have come to the conclusion that this position is no longer a viable option. Besides there hasn't been a goat over the bridge in years and the deer are just too wily.
 In exchange for room, board, and onsite use of your library materials, I can offer my services to address delinquent returns. My only condition is that any offsite retrieval missions occur between midnight and sunrise - I do not do well in sunlight. Besides, I think you will find my persuasive techniques are most effective after dark. I can also guarantee that I will not cause any loss of limb or life while on the property unless permission is provided in writing. Offsite I will use only those tactics necessary to achieve successful retrieval of your materials from members. We can negotiate the terms of this condition (for example, I suggest one finger per each month after notification of overdue materials).

Yours sincerely.
 Cyril A. Troll

While making Cyril, I was amazed at how much detail and character you can get into faces, so... I could not stop at one troll. 

Here is Cedric... 
He is still recovering from watching his bridge wash away down the Elbow River. He is submitting a proposal to the government to fund bridge reconstruction by establishing "Troll Bridges." After dark, the resident troll collects a user fee - there should be no issues with non-compliance.




No comments:

Post a Comment