Friday 23 June 2017

Felt-Feutre Post

For anyone interested in the Canadian felt scene, Felt-Feutre is a great resource. One of my current projects was featured in their recent post http://www.felt-feutre-canada.com/spotlight-on-alberta-felt-artists/. I am working on a submission for a local fair challenge to create a pillow with a historic theme in celebration of Canada’s 150th Birthday. I am still in the planning and prefelting stages – it will incorporate an image inspired by Tom Tompson’s Northern Lake and reflect the principles of the Arts and Crafts movement. I was inspired by some wool that I dyed at a recent Sheep Creek Weaver workshop – new fibre to me so created a purse just to be sure that I could work with it. I have lots more felting and stitching to do on the pillow, but so far so good!

Through Time and Space
I also had a piece selected for their juried exhibition, Migration, last Fall. http://www.felt-feutre-canada.com/canadian-felting-week-2016/exhibition/


Through Time and Space - detail










No comments:

Post a Comment